Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Muffins
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
I know what you’re thinking, I know what a browning is, and I’ve had a chocolate chip muffin,
but what on earth is that lol.. ?!
Let’s just say, I was craving a brownie, while craving a muffin.. and boom
Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Muffin was born!
What’s fab about this recipe, is that it calls for coconut sugar for sweetness, the brownie are rich with cacao & Coffee, soft like buttah from the avocado, and the muffin top is light and fluffy!
If you’re craving a brownie, but its brunch time, or simply want to whip up a baked good that will have your friends saying, what is that amazingness?
Then you have to try this recipe for Vegan Brownie Chocolate Chip Muffins
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for brunch
Light and rich at the same time
Will have your friends saying “whaaaa is that?!” lol
Yields 6-8 muffins
25 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup pureed or well-mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Navitas Naturals cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee + 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup Lily's Sweets vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 Follow Your Heart Egg mixed w/ice cold almond milk
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1 cup Better Body Foods coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup Lily's vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pureed avocado and coconut oil until smooth. Add in the flour, cacao, coconut sugar, baking soda, seas alt, and almond milk, coffee Stir until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine vegan egg with almond milk, blend butter and coconut sugar in a food process or by hand beat butter until light, creamy and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and vegan mixture and beat until incorporated.Sift in baking powder, baking soda, flour, sea salt and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie picture into the prepared muffin tin and spread the batter midway. Top it off with the chocolate chip muffin batter and bake for 15-20 minutes on 350, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean (there may be some melted chocolate chips in there). '
- Let them rest for 10 minutes, the place on a cooling rack or an additional 10, enjoy!