Vegan Caramel Apple Cobbler
Hello & Happy Thursday
If there is one dessert that everyone loves down south, …it’s apple cobbler.
While I’ve had apple cobbler countless times, I’ve never had a vegan version!
What I love about apple cobbler is that its a handful of ingredients, served warm, topped with ice cream, can feature any fruit, and uses less sugar as the fruit adds a natural sweetness!
This recipe was inspired by the classic version, but packs less sugar, uses only coconut sugar, and can be made with a quickness!!
If you’re one of those people that craves a winter dessert 12 months out of the year like myself, you have to try my recipe for vegan Caramel Apple Cobbler!
Why this recipe rocks:
Takes minimal time
Can be made in bulk
Perf for any season
Can be made with any fruit
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-10 servings
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1 cup Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup earth balance vegan butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ? teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup (cold) vegan Earth Balance butter, cubed
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and pull out a 9 by 13 baking dish. Combine your apple slices, 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 TBSPs granulated white sugar in a large sauce pan over medium low heat. Cook the apples, stirring regularly until they are soft, about 10 minutes. (other options are to place in a crock pot and cook on low for a few hours)
- While the apples are cooking down, combine 1 cup coconut sugar, 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted vegan butter, 1/4 cup coconut cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir consistently until the mixture begins to boil. Continue stirring for another minute or so until it is smooth, remove from the heat.
- Cobbler: Pour the 1/2 cup melted butter into the baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup coconut sugar, 1 cup flour, 2 tsps baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk in 1 cup coconut milk and 2 tsps vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the butter and whisk in gently.
- Add 1 cup of the vegan caramel sauce to the apples and stir to combine, reserve the rest for serving. Pour the caramel apple mixture over the batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Serve warm with vegan ice cream and the reserved caramel sauce.
- Crumble top (optional): In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the crumble ingredients. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knifes until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the cobbler after 15 minutes of baking. Bake for an additional 5, serve warm!