Vegan Champagne Jello with strawberries and cream cheese whip
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
I can’t recall the last time I actually had jello, but ironically..
I was always a jello person! lol
I find that jello is an acquired taste just as much as cilantro is. Some people gravitate towards anything mushy from jello, pudding, to even mushrooms. However, I love diversity in textures and it makes things more fun to eat. Since jello is never vegan, and I dreaded the end result, I never though of exploring it.
Until I thought of..
What I love about this dish is, everything. Surprisingly, agar agar powder sets nicely with perhaps a slightly less firm texture than traditional jello, is easy to work with, requires minimal amounts, which is nice because agar agar can be pricey. The combination of the tart champagne jello, paired with the rich cream cheese whip and the strawberry mix combines multiple textures, colors, flavor that just puts this over the top!
If you’re looking for a modern adult dessert that packs aesthetic appeal, flavor, and champagne..
You have to try my recipe for vegan Champagne Jello with strawberries and coconut cream cheese whip!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for celebrating
Want to see this recipe in action?!
Watch this clip above!!
Yields 4 servings
2 hrPrep Time
2 hrTotal Time
- 3 cups champagne (divided)
- 2 tbsp agar agar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 carton strawberries (sliced)
- 1/3 cup champgane
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut whip:
- 1 can full fat coconut (chilled in fridge overnight)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cream cheese or less
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Strawberries: Quarter the strawberries, top with champagne, sugar, and vanilla and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Champagne Jello: In a pan combine 2 cups champagne, sugar in a saucepan. Sprinkle agar agar on top. Let gelatin soften for about two minutes to bloom, then heat mixture over low heat. Stir until gelatin has completely dissolved, about 2-3 minutes, and remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 cup of champagne. Pour into serving dishes and store in the fridge. Chill for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Cream cheese whip: Add only the solid portion of the chilled coconut to the bowl of a standing mixer, whip until smooth. Add the cream cheese and vanilla, sift in the powdered sugar, and corn starch. Set aside in fridge until ready to serve.
- Assemble: Top the jello with coconut whip and strawberries, enjoy!