Vegan Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
All I can say is.. this week has gone by super slow, yet super fast!
Within the next few weeks I’ll be completely done with grad school, aka, onto the next chapter and no longer a student after six long years!
That calls for a much needed celebration..
and vegan Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies!!
Truth, I can’t be satisfied with regular brownies. I’m not a huge chocolate person, and I need some fruit to break up the richness of the chocolate or just something else going on.
Life is too short for plain brownies. .
So cheesecake brownies are my jam!
This recipe came to fruition because I love a cheesecake brownie and I love blackberries! I find that they are not typically in a lot of recipes and their flavor is reminiscent of raspberries without a more mild tartness.
If you love a brownie that looks gorge, is rich with flavor, but not overwhelmingly sweet..
You need to try this recipe for vegan Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies!!
Why this recipe rocks:
For more protein make the brownie with beans
For less sugar remove the chocolate chips
Great for warm weather!
Great for entertaining
Yields 8-12 brownies
25 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cups Nutiva coconut sugar
- 2 Follow Your Heart vegan eggs mixed with almond milk (1/2 cup almond milk)
- 12 tablespoons unsalted Earth Balance vegan butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Lily's Sweets vegan chocolate chips
- 1cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or granulated
- ¼ cup water
- 1 package Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 Follow Your Heart vegan egg mixed with almond milk (1/2 cup)
- 5-6 drops liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Rinse and cook blackberries along with water and sugar over medium heat for 8-10mins. Mash with a fork to break up the berries. When ready throw in a food process and blend until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Melt the vegan butter. Stir in coconut sugar, vegan eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Once combined, fold in cocoa powder and flour. Throw in the chocolate chips, and pour the brownie batter into the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Combine all cheesecake ingredients in a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Cream for 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed. Pour over brownie batter, spreading evenly to the edges. Drizzle the blackberry puree on top of the cheesecake batter and swirl using a fork, knife, or toothpick. Try to swirl only into the cheesecake batter, not the brownie batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the cheesecake begins to turn golden and a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean. Place in fridge and allow to cool for at least 2 hours but up to overnight. Cut into 9 large squares. Store brownies in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.