Vegan Chocolate Dipped Fruit
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Throughout the week my energy for cooking comes in waves. (no really lol, it does!)
At the beginning of the week I’m going full throttle and ready to take on any recipe, but towards the end of the week..
I’m pretty exhausted, craving something sweet & effortless and perhaps a glass of wine lol.
That’s why I selected this quick n’ easy nutrient dense recipe for Chocolate Dipped Kiwi’s coated in Superfoods was the perf addition to compliment your Friday!
Let me just first start by saying that I’m not and never will be a “chocolate” person. However, when you combine a lot of fruit with chocolate and throw in some Superfoods..
So just how easy is chocolate dipped fruit?!
A little messy, aesthetically gorgeous, and has to be eaten within 24hrs for maximum results.
For the majority of us, that is no problemo lol..
You need to try this recipe!!
What’s great about this simple concoction..
PERF for parties
Fun for kids
Use any fruit
Use any toppings
Enjoy, and give yourself a pat on the back for making an easy amazing treat!
- 1 cup Lily's vegan chocolate chips (its not baking chocolate, but it works!)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup Goji berries
- 1/2 cup crushed coconut
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 Kiwis, peeled, sliced
- 8-10 skewer sticks
- wash, peel, and slice kiwi. Pat dry with a paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Gently insert the skewers into the bottom of the fruit. If too long, cut in half with scissors.
- in a medium size pot bring 4-5 cups of water to a boil
- in a separate sauce pan with the chocolate chips place it on top of the water and continue to stir (if you have a chocolate melting pot that's made thinner, use that)
- If the chocolate doesn't melt fully or is somewhat dry, add bits of almond milk to break it up and make it more pliable.
- Once fully melted, take the kiwi and dip/coat it with chocolate. For a thicker coat, place in the freezer for the chocolate to harden and dip again.
- While the chocolate is wet coat with the various superfoods using a spoon. Set in a freezer to fully form.
- Enjoy within 24hrs for best results!