Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I repeat, I’m not a chocolate person lol, but when chocolate cupcakes, muffins or even doughnuts are made with bananas it provides amazing softness and adds more diversity in the flavor and makes it less overwhelming for me.
While my preferences for chocolate may vary (super picky), and these are cupcakes and not chocolate cups, I do love the Justin’s vegan dark chocolate peanut butter cups and these cupcakes remind me of those… but better (yup, better).
What really makes this recipe along with the fab chocolate cupcake, is the icing. and although its not homemade, Its vegan, its flavorful, a little bit goes a long way..
and it tastes just like a Reese’s peanut butter cup!
If you don’t have Dollop Gourmet vegan icing, you can simply combine 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar with 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter and make your own!
Whether its the fab cake, the perfect icing, or C, all of the above! This classic vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcake recipe is a must!
Why this recipe rocks:
Moist (I know, everyone hates that word lol)
Light but chocolaty
Just like a Reese’s cup!
Great for parties
Easy to make!
Great for kids!
Great for entertaining
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium size banana
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Dollop Gourmet Icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients whisking them together, then combine the wet ingredients separately in a food processor excluding the vanilla and chocolate icing. Mix the wet into dry until just combined.
- Pour the mixture in silicone cupcake molds and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack.
- With a turkey baster tool poke holes in the tops and inject the peanut butter icing. Top with peanut butter icing.