Vegan Cinnamon & Sugar Tortilla Chips
Hello & Happy Saturday!
I typically never post on a Saturday, but since I missed a few days this week I thought I would share a recipe I put together over the holidays.
Although the holidays are here and gone, this recipe is here to stay!
..Because it’s just that good and just that simple.
This recipe came into focus recently as I recalled from childhood that whenever I went to family gatherings over the holidays, someone would always bring these cinnamon flavor Lay’s potato chips lol. (whoever you are that brought them, God bless you)
Although my days of ever eating a Lay’s potato chip are long gone just like this obscure flavor from the late 90’s.. the concept of cinnamon and chips will forever remain one of my favorites!
If you have an affinity for cinnamon, these Cinnamon Tortilla Chips are a no brainer.
Will this recipe make you shrink? Probably not, but will it make you feel like you’ve struck pure gold, spent less than $10, and your friends think you’re a genius
So fun, so easy, a must try!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made in bulk
Costs pennies to make
Great for entertaining
Perf for every season
Yields 4-6 servings
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 package of medium tortillas
- ½ c sugar
- ½ t salt
- ½ T cinnamon
- 2 c. vegetable oil for frying
- Cut each tortilla into four triangles.
- Mix sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in pan set to medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the tortillas on both sides until the edges are browned. Be careful! They cook fast!
- Cool fried chips on a wire rack.
- Gently toss the fried chips in the sugar-mixture.
- Serve immediately.