Vegan Cranberry Bliss Bars
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
In all honesty, I crave sweets less and less as time goes by. However, there are a few combos that I always crave year round, one in particular is.. Cranberry Bliss Bars!! .
Although I haven’t had one in ages, I was instantly hooked simply based on the aesthetics alone. I love white chocolate and anything with fruit so it’s definitely my cup of tea!
While there are countless non vegan versions, there was little to no vegan varieties that I came across. Knowing just how amazing this concept is, I jumped at the opportunity to recreate this timeless holiday treat last year! When initially creating this recipe, I could only find one kind of white chocolate (still can) and getting it to melt like standard chocolate was such a struggle. I found that you have to melt it with coconut oil to get it smooth. Melting vegan chocolate alone creates a hard texture that just is functional in recipes.
What I love about this bar is that it packs all the ingredients that evoke the essence of Christmas such as citrus, cinnamon, cranberries, it has minimal added sugar, uses coconut sugar, vegan white chocolate, has great aesthetic appeal, can be made in bulk, has easy to follow instructions, is buttery soft, and is the perfect holiday dessert! It also features my fave Follow Your Heart vegan egg that serves as the perfect binder for any and every dish!
If you’re looking for the that modern vegan holiday dessert that is just as good as the classic version. You have to try my recipe for vegan Cranberry Bliss Bars!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great aesthetic appeal
Non vegan approved
Can be made in bulk
You can purchase both vegan FYH eggs & white chocolate on Amazon
Perfect for entertaining
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup earth balance butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Follow Your Heart vegan egg mixed with 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips (or more!)
- 8 oz Follow Your Heart Vegan cream cheese (cold)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces vegan white chocolate, melted*
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch non-stick baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir to blend.
- In another bowl, whisk the coconut sugar with the melted vegan butter, vegan egg, applesauce, orange extract, orange zest, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in increments until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add 1tbsp of almond milk at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.
- Fold in the vegan white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup cranberries. Spread batter onto the baking pan using the back of a measuring cup to smooth evenly.
- Bake 10 - 14 minutes, until the edges are light brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. The more undercooked the better as the texture will be softer. Don't over-bake or your bars will be dry. Let them cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting; in the bowl of a standing mixer beat the vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until well-blended. Frost bars and sprinkle with remaining cranberries. Drizzle with the melted white chocolate. *To melt the chocolate, place in a microwave safe cup with coconut oil and heat 15 seconds; stir. Another 15 seconds; stir until the chocolate is melted. When the chocolate sets, cut into 15 large squares (5 cuts by 3 cuts with the knife). Then cut each square in half diagonally to create triangles. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.