Vegan Cranberry Bliss Bars
Hello & Happy Friday!!
In all honesty, I crave sweets less and less as time goes by. However, there are a few combos that I always crave year round. Anything pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and citrus is my cup of tea anytime of the year.
Although I haven’t experienced the Starbucks Craberry Bliss Bar in ages, I was instantly hooked simply based on the aesthetics alone. I love white chocolate and again anything with citrus and cranberries so this combo is a no brainer.
While there are countless non vegan versions, there was little to no vegan varieties that I came across. Knowing just how amazing this concept is I jumped at the opportunity to recreate this timeless holiday treat!
What I love about this bar is that it packs all the ingredients that evoke the essence of Christmas such as citrus, cinnamon, cranberries, it has minimal added sugar, vegan white chocolate, great aesthetic appeal, can be made in bulk, has easy to follow instructions, and is the perfect holiday dessert!
If you’re looking for the that modern vegan holiday dessert that is just as good as the classic version. You have to try my recipe for vegan Cranberry Bliss Bars!
I purchased my vegan white chocolate from Amazon!
Don’t have FYH vegan egg? Win some today on Instagram!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great aesthetic appeal
Non vegan approved
Can be made in bulk
You can purchase both vegan FYH eggs & white chocolate on Amazon
Perfect for entertaining
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup earth balance butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Follow Your Heart vegan egg mixed with 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or more!)
- 8 oz Follow Your Heart Vegan cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted*
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch non-stick baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir to blend.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar with the butter, vegan egg, applesauce, orange extract, vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of almond milk at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out. Fold in white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup cranberries. Spread batter onto the baking pan using the back of a measuring cup to smooth evenly. Bake 10 - 14 minutes, until the edges are light brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don't over-bake or your bars will be dry. Let it cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting; in the bowl of a standing mixer beat the vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until well-blended. Frost bars and sprinkle with remaining cranberries. Drizzle with the melted white chocolate. *To melt the chocolate, place in a microwave safe cup and heat 15 seconds; stir. Another 15 seconds; stir until the chocolate is melted. When the chocolate sets, cut into 15 large squares (5 cuts by 3 cuts with the knife). Then cut each square in half diagonally to create triangles. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.