Vegan Cranberry Lemon Pound Cake
Hello & Happy Friday!!
I can’t even begin to say just how excited I am that it’s Friday!! This weekend I’m getting my first dog in ages and will begin a new chapter. I’ll finally have some company while I cook all day, which is a nice change! lol
With Christmas around the corner I’ve been making more of an effort to push out holiday concepts as far in advance as I can to allow you to test them for yourself before introducing them into your holiday menu! While I’m not someone who gravitates towards sweets typically, I do love holiday concepts as they are somewhat outside the box and not the normal combinations you come across, which makes it a lot more fun!
Although, I never thought I would be enamored with fresh cranberries as I was never one to reach for cranberry sauce, I now truly love throwing them into recipes. They add texture, color, a tartness, and I’ve actually come to find that homemade cranberry sauce can be good if done right, I swear! (no canned cran business lol)
One thing is for sure, I love anything that’s lemon flavored. I find it crisp, refreshing, and more my cup of tea. So when brainstorming about the next perfect holiday concept..
This vegan Cranberry Lemon Poundcake was a no brainer.
What I love about this recipe is the simplicity in its ingredients. A handful of affordable and accessible ingredients (minus the vegan egg), sweet, slightly tart, colorful, has great presentation, is super soft, and can even be made without the icing topping to decrease the sugar content.
If you’re looking for that effortless holiday vegan dessert that just screams Christmas..You have to try my vegan Cranberry Lemon Poundcake!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Perf for the holidays
Serves 1 slice
15 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tbs Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg (combined with 1/2 cup almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup almond milk mixed w/a squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2½ cups fresh cranberries
- 2½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream vegan butter, sugar and lemon zest together for 3 minutes. Add vegan eggs slowly allowing it to combine. Add vanilla, combine. Add lemon juice and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, mix and combine dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients and with almond milk w/lemon to the egg mixture. Fold in cranberries. Make sure not to over combine as it will lose height. Grease and a bread pan. Pour batter in pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- While the loaf cools make the icing. Combine the icing and lemon juice to achieve the desired consistency. Top the bread with it once loaf is room temperature. top with additional lemon zest. Let set, and serve.
If you don't have the vegan egg you may be able to use mashed banana as a substitute, however, it may take on a light banana flavor.