Vegan Dark Chocolate Mint Pops
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one food concept I haven’t done in a while, it’s popsicles!
However I see endless pops on Instagram and thought I would throw together one of my own favorite pops as we wrap up summer!
Many pops are comprised of simply juice and water, but honestly..
How interesting or fun is that lol?
What’s sets these pops apart are that they have a rich texture almost like cheesecake, they won’t melt like the traditional pops, pack avocado, coconut, stevia for sugar, a natural green color derived from the avocado, a dark chocolate drizzle shell, and crunchy pistachios! (My only issue is that these pops are more pricier due to the canned coconut!)
If you’re looking to mix things up with your pop routine, I highly recommend these Dark Chocolate Mint pops!
Why this recipe rocks:
Whipped like texture
Won’t melt as fast
Packed with avocado
Only uses stevia
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 to 8 pops
25 minPrep Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup vegan Follow Your Heart cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cream
- 3tsp or 3 drops peppermint stevia extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 avocados
- 2 cans coconut (solid portion, chilled in fridge overnight)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup coconut liquid
- 1 to 2 vegan Lily's dark chocolate squares
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- Place vegan cream cheese and coconut in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add coconut liquid, almond extract, 1 tbsp corn starch, peppermint stevia extract. Process until well combined.
- Place into molds, top with a stick and freeze for 4hours. To unmold, run under hot tap water for 20 to 30 seconds, and then twist stick gently to release.
- In a small bowl microwave vegan chocolate and coconut oil for intervals of 10 seconds, whisking between each, until smooth. Top the pops with the chocolate and while still wet top with crushed pistachios. Chill until ready to serve. Pops should be fine in fridge versus freezer due to the high solid coconut portion.