No Bake Flourless Vegan Dark Chocolate Hazelnut & Raspberry Tart
Hello & Happy Sunday!!
I probably sound like a broken record, but I’ve NEVER been a huge fan of chocolate lol. If I happened to be opting for dessert (which is rare), if it’s chocolate, I’m passing.
Unless, it’s broken up with fruit to cut down on the richness of course!
Since recently gravitating away from white flour and sugar, I’ve been opting for alternatives to cater more towards readers. Perhaps the cost of dishes will go up, but it’s more imperative to show alternatives, as you can ALWAYS go back to the accessible and affordable white flour and sugar with recipes. The bigger challenge is replicating recipes to be vegan and contain the less traditional flours.
Truth, I really am not crazy about incorporating cashews in cheesecakes. After a while I feel as though I can still taste them regardless of what they are paired with and prefer them in a savory dish if anything.
Since I’m not a huge cashew person I thought I would delve into hazelnuts! I never work with them and typically only see them in recipes around the holidays, but I was curious about the homemade “nutella” concept and took that and ran with it
and the vegan Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Raspberry Tart was born!
What I love about this recipe is, everything. (and I’ll say it again, I’m not even a chocolate person). It has aesthetic appeal, is flourless, requires no baking, has minimal ingredients, easy to follow instructions, rich hazelnut flavor, but not overwhelming, no white flour or sugar, sweetened with dates, perf for any season and non vegan approved!
If you’re looking for that classic staple vegan dessert that will please everyone under the sun..
Then you need this recipe for a vegan Dark Chocolate Hazelnut & Raspberry Tart
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Rich but not overpowering
You can sub any fruit instead of raspberries
No white sugar
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 10 slices
40 minPrep Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 4 dates (seedless, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 packages Lily's Sweets Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
- 2 cups (415 g) raw or roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- ½ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup raspberry preserves (100% fruit)
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350. Layer hazelnuts on a pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool and remove the shells.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pan with a removable bottom with coconut oil. In a food processor combine all of the ingredients for the crust. Press evenly into the prepared tart pan; set aside.
- Place dark chocolate in a large bowl. Heat coconut oil in the microwave and pour over the chocolate. Whisk to combine. If not melting enough, pop in the microwave for intervals of 10 seconds.
- While that combines take raspberries and the preserves in a small bowl, smash with a fork until combined. Layer on top of the crust. Set aside in fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- When chocolate has cooled, throw in a food processor with the hazelnuts, blend until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the raspberry filling and place in the fridge to set for 1 to 2 hours.
- Top with fresh raspberries and dust with powdered sugar.