Dessert Chips & Salsa
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I wish I could say some of my most favorite recipes are complex and take countless hours to make, however..
Some of my favorite go to’s are so simple, but provide intricate flavors!
If there is one thing you may know about my preferences, it’s that I gravitate more towards fruit forward desserts. Chocolate is wonderful yes, but it’s not really something I crave, ever lol. Like right now I have tons of vegan chocolate truffles in my fridge I’ve yet to touch! (I know, but I’ll eat them sometime!)
As someone who loves fruit forward concepts this dish is my all time fantasy! It’s quick, easy, packs fresh seasonal fruit, basil which adds another element of flavor and in my opinion enhances the flavor profile of these fruits, low sugar, and the coconut whip which of course is another one of my staple concepts! As a whole, this dish packs flavor, is affordable, one you could put together with your eyes literally closed while hopping on one foot, and doesn’t disappoint!
Looking to cut the sugar content even more?! Skip the sugar in the fruit salsa and use plain baked tortilla chips!
If you’re looking for that perfect treat that just screams summer..
You have to try my recipe for vegan Chips and Salsa!
Why this recipe rocks:
PERF for summer entertaining
Lower sugar than traditional desserts
Want to see just how easy this recipe is?!
Watch the clip above!!
Serves 4 to 5 cups
25 minPrep Time
25 minTotal Time
- 8 ct package tortillas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 package strawberries, quarter and diced
- 1 cup blueberries (cut in half)
- 6 to 8 basil leaves (sliced)
- 4 mint leaves (sliced)
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can chilled coconut whip (solid portion only)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan Follow Your Heart Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cut the tortillas into triangles. Dip into coconut oil and then sugar and cinnamon (combine together). Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Salsa: Chop all the ingreidtns, throw in a dish, set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Coconut whip: Throw all the ingredients in the bowl of a standing mixer. Beat until smooth. (I like to sift in the dry ingredients for a more smooth texture)