Vegan Cinnamon Apple Dessert Tacos
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Cue my vegan Cinnamon Apple tacos with coconut whip!
What I love about this recipe is …everything! I love an occasional fried taco shell (truth), cinnamon apples, coconut whip and the combination together is just plain magic! While the shells are lightly coated with cinnamon and sugar, the apples and coco whip have minimum sugar to balance the dessert! Also, this concept can be used with a variety of fruits!
If you love a fun innovative dessert concept that’s a true crowd pleaser, you have to try my recipe for vegan Cinnamon Apple Tacos with coconut whip!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for all year round as you can future a variety of fruits!
Can be made into mini bites, making them even better for entertaining
- 6-7 large Flour Tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ? cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large apples
- 1½ tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can solid coconut (don't use the water)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- Taco Shells: Using a small circle cutter (I used the top of a jar), cut out circles from your tortillas. You should get about 3 from each tortilla. (use a smaller size cutter for 2-3 bite tacos).Combine sugar & cinnamon in a bowl and set aside. Heat about 1½ cups of vegetable oil in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Place a scrap of tortilla in the oil to gauge if its hot enough, should bubble instantly.
- Using tongs, place one circle in the oil for about 5 seconds. Flip it over and fold it in half holding it folded for about 5 seconds or until browned. Flip over and fry the other side until crispy. Immediately remove from the oil giving it a little shake and place into the cinnamon coconut sugar mix. Set on a taco rack or an upside down muffin pan to cool placing them in between the muffin domes.
- Filling: Peel and dice apples. Toss with lemon juice. Over medium heat stir together butter, chopped apples, cinnamon and coconut sugar. Add about ¼ cup water and let cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Stir 1 teaspoon cornstarch into remaining water and add to pan. Continue cooking until most of the liquid removed and apples are soft.
- Fill each taco shell with about 2 tablespoons of pie filling (will vary based on shell size) and top with frozen whipped topping and a drizzle of caramel sauce if desired. Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes! Fill each taco with warm apple pie mixture and top with coconut whipped topping and a pinch of cinnamon.