Vegan Ice Cream Sandwich
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
One of my favorite concoctions even long before my vegan days, was and will always be a cookie sandwich.
Wether it be a whoopie pie with icing or even a warm baked cookie with ice cream..
Sammies are just, always a good idea.
What’s great about this recipe is that it uses minimal ingredients, can be made in minutes, and even if you don’t have Alpen Dough on hand, you can throw together an easy dark chocolate cookie!
Although I typically make my own vegan cookies, I was completely enamored with Alpen Dough products as each blend packs tons of flavor, no weird preservatives and even the double chocolate isn’t too rich for my tastes being that it offers a hint of cherry almond!
If you need to whip up an amazing vegan treat that definitely wows in the flavor and aesthetics department…
You need this vegan Double Dark Chocolate Dipped Pink Dragonfruit ice cream sammie
Need to get your hands on some Alpen Dough?!
Enter to win your own tub on Instagram!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great for kids
Tons of flavor with a hint of cherry
- 1 package dragon fruit defrosted
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 3 black cherries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 4 scoops of Alpen Dough Double Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup of Lili's vegan chocolate chips
- few drops of almond milk
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- Blend everything but the dough in a food processor and place in the freezer to set for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake vegan cookies for 10-15 minutes. Place on a cookie sheet to cool.
- For the chocolate part, melt chocolate chips in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add a splash of almond or coconut milk and continue to mix to prevent burning. Prep the cookies and ice cream to get ready for dipping.
- Once chocolate is melted dip the cookies with ice cream in the chocolate then coat with coconut shavings while still wet. Place in freezer again to set for another 5-7 minutes. Don't leave in the freezer for two long as the cookies will begin to harden.
- Once ready, break out the ice cream and sandwich it in between two cookies. Enjoy!