Hello & Happy Monday!
In all honesty, I’m late for the train when it comes to making energy balls lol. I had heard of them since the inception of Pinterest. (that and salads in a jar) and was excited about the whole concept, but the fact that I had seen them everywhere led me to believe that…
They are just TOO EASY, where is the fun in that..?!
What I’ve come to find is that some of the best recipes are truly the easiest. What I love most is that you can use the foundation of this recipe to create whatever kind of ball you like. (hello diversity)
My objective when it comes to producing any recipe is to increase its nutritional value in every way shape and form wherever I can.. When you’re working recipes such as these where you can camouflage anything and everything.. let’s just say, I get excited!
You can pack energy balls full of nutrient dense ingredients and the end result is still perfection!
If you’re looking for nutrient dense snack that’s not packaged and processed with tons of added sugars
You need to get on the energy ball train!!
Why this recipe rocks:
As minimal ingredients as you like
Can be made in bulk
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal
- 1/2 package of Pitaya Plus dragonfruit (defrosted)
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup Better Body Foods peanut powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp agave
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup Lili's vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Organic Burst Maca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, stir peanut butter, agave, dragon fruit, and almond milk together. Combine with all the other ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- If you don't want to use agave you can use coconut sugar!