Vegan Everything Brownies
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I don’t typically like anything chocolate focused. It has to be a brownie, paired with fruit to break up the richness, or have something else going on..
Cue the EDS Everything Dark Chocolate Cacao Brownies!!
While this recipe isn’t something I would make everyday, Pinterest was flooded with this concept for the longest time and I was always interested in exploring a vegan variation.
What I love about this recipe is that its comprised of no animal products, coconut sugar, cacao, peanut butter powder (less sat fat), vegan chocolate chips and packs a salt factor that adds multiple dimensions of texture!
If you’re looking to experience salty and savory brownies that don’t disappoint, you need to try my recipe for vegan Everything Brownies
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 to 10 servings
20 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups Better Body Foods Coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) Earth Balance unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups Cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 vegan Follow Your Heart Eggs (mixed w/almond milk or water) 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water whisked together, set for 5 mins)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed potato chips (crushed)
- 1 cup pretzels (crushed)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Better Body Foods peanut butter powder (combined with 2 tbsp coconut sugar and 1/3 cup almond milk)
- 1/2 cup Lily's Sweets vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and mist an 8 by 8-inch or 9 by 13-inch pan with vegan butter. Line with parchment or foil to ease the removal of the cooked brownies. Place the coconut sugar, vegan butter, cacao, and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave in one-minute increments, stirring, until the butter is completely melted and the mixture feels very warm to the touch. Add the vegan eggs, continue stirring. Stir in the flour.
- Stir in the vanilla. Fold in the chocolate chips, crushed potato chips and pretzels, while saving extra to top the brownies with.Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Top with drizzles of the peanut butter powder combined with almond milk and coconut sugar. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in the pan, then transfer to a cutting board and cut into squares.
If you're worried about the pretzels and chips becoming not as crisp once mixed into the batter and baked, simply top the brownies instead!