Vegan Apple Fritters
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Two of my favorite things are cinnamon and apples, put them together and you have..
I love apples because you can bake them, roast them, dehydrate them, or if you’re feeling like going all out with you calories
You can fry them!!
This recipe came to fruition during Christmas time when I was all about apple everything. If you’re looking for a way to indulge your tastebuds with a fruit based dessert..
You need to try this recipe.. ik
and if you’re feeling extra dangerous, ..you can top it with some easy icing, vegan ice cream, and or caramel!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be enjoyed with ice cream and caramel sauce!
Can be made with fresh or baked cinnamon apples
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 cup cold almond milk mixed with 2 Follow Your Heart Eggs (can try without)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Heat a couple inches of vegetable oil in a large, heavy pot to 350F.
- Peel and cut into slices removing the course core the apples; (or you can slice into 1/4-inch thick rings)
- Whisk together the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and coconut sugar. (until it curdles)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, nutmeg, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Toss the apple slices with the almond milk mixture; then dredge them in the flour mixture. Return to the buttermilk and then dredge in the flour again.
- Fry the apple slices until golden and crisp; drain on paper towels. Once cool, dust the tops with powdered sugar and or cinnamon and sugar.