Vegan Mini Fruit Pizzas
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
What is now ions ago (I think 2002), I tried my first fruit pizza at a 4th of July Bbq in New Jersey. I’m not a chocolate person, was not vegan at the time, but was exploring various vegan food options that were trickling in. At that time there was only a handful, Morning star and perhaps Lite Life.
I remember seeing fruit and was just instantly drawn to this concept as I’m all about fruit forward dishes. Needless to say I’ve been swooning ever since and was looking to revamp an older fruit pizza concept from back in 2014.
What’s fab about fruit pizzas? Everything.
You can mix up the base and opt for my preference, fluffy sugar cookies, or even use a nut/date base, it involves a handful of ingredients, quick to make, great for entertaining, the cookie base holds up and doesn’t fall apart, you can top with whatever fruit you like, affordable, assembling is fun for kids, and it’s non vegan approved!
If you’re looking for a staple fluffy sugar cookie recipe or want to get your hands of an effortless fruit pizza, you have to try this recipe!
Why this fruit pizza concept rocks!
Great for kids
Great for parties
Yields 4 mini pizza or 1 large
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, soft or liquid
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs organic powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In bowl of stand mixer, beat together powdered sugar, melted coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla until creamy. Add flour mixture and continue to mix until combined. Dough will thicken as you stir. Set aside in fridge for 15 mins until more firm.
- Make cookies with roughly 5-6 tbs of dough. Flatten slightly with fingers to 1/2-inch thick. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake, as cookies won't turn golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- When cookies have completely cooled, prepare the cream cheese topping. In a medium size bowl whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla until completely combined. (you can sift it in to remove all clumps) Spread topping over cooled cookie and garnish with fresh fruit.