Fruity Pebbles Pancakes
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
I never thought I would have created a recipe of this kind, but some days you just get a longing for nostalgic eats!
Simultaneously, the idea of not showcasing something vegan because it doesn’t fit into this black and white concept of eating “pure” food is just silly.
As a nutrition professional, no, I don’t advocate to consume a large portion of “food products” regardless of where they originate from, the transparency in the ingredients etc. Choose plant based foods, always.
However, as a whole we can’t have this narrow outlook on what a “balanced diet” is. When we advocate for such a cut and dry lifestyle, at the end of the day it sends the message that if you don’t adhere to this or that you’re not healthy. Thus influencing those trying to manifest wellness who perhaps struggle at times that they’ve “failed”, which provokes them to just give up.
As a society we have to slow down, pump the breaks on this eagerness to achieve instant gratification with everything whether it be weight loss or anything else. Wellness isnt a diet, its a lifestyle, and sometimes we have to give ourselves a break.
What I love about this recipe is that its simple, nostalgic, has texture, visual appeal, and tastes like every color of the rainbow lol
If you can’t let go of the anxiety it brings you to consume a processed iconic food, then this recipe isn’t for you lol.
If like me you love exploring fun vegan variations of classic eats, well by golly you should be making this recipe for vegan Fruity Pebbles Pancakes like.. yesterday! lol
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved!
Yields 11 pancakes
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tbsp Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk (room temp)
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder (or 1/2 mashed banana or 1/2 cup apple sauce)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil1
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1 can coconut milk (refrigerated over night)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl combine the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vegan egg, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil; mix until smooth. Add a cup of fruit pebbles and combine into the mixture.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Top with additional cereal (optional) Brown on both sides and serve hot. Top with vegan coconut whip.
- Coconut whip: throw everything into the bowl of a standing mixture with whisk attachment and blend until smooth. Use a fork and mash as an alternative.