Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Believe it or not, I’ve never been fond of gingerbread. I don’t mind it, but I never craved it..
Until now that is!
While gingerbread cookies are a typical holiday go to, I find them to be too hard, dry, and harsh in flavor. However, a gingerbread cake bread with cream cheese icing takes this outdated concept to a whole other level!
A gingerbread loaf alone is nice, but the cream cheese icing adds another dimension of flavor and breaks up the intensity of the molasses component. Although I don’t typically gravitate towards sweets in general, I loved this recipe and could see myself craving it regardless of the season!
What I especially love about this recipe is just how effortless it is, the flavor, the moisture in the cake (like buttah), the addition of the cream cheese icing, and the aesthetic appearance of the cake alone have me swooning over this concept!
If you’re looking of the essential classic Christmas dessert to add to your collection of holiday faves., you need my recipe for a vegan Gingerbread Loaf!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for entertaining
Non vegan approved
Serves 1 slice
The perfect loaf for Christmas!
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1?4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp vailla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1?2 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2tbsp follow your heart powdered egg (1/3 cup almond milk)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces vegan Follow Your Heart cream cheese
- 1?2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-6 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x5 inch bread pan with nonstick foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt, baking powder, baking soda. In a large bowl cream together vegan butter, coconut sugar. Beat until fluffy, add the egg, combine again. Now add the molasses and applesauce. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended. Add the 2 tbsp of almond milk if the mixture is too dry. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl cream together vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cooled gingerbread loaf. Allow to set up for 1 hour. Store in airtight container.
If you don't have the vegan egg you may be able to still produce this recipe!