Grilled Bourbon Peaches with Coconut Cream
Hello & Happy Monday!!
While this concept is somewhat antiquated, I waited for the longest time to explore it as grilled fruit can be somewhat unfulfilling when craving something on the sweeter side…
However, I was completely wrong..
When approached with a little creativity, grilled fruit can be a complete home run!
What I love about this grilled peach concept is that its effortless, affordable, colorful, flavorful, can even be made with bourbon for an adult version, has candied pecans, cinnamon coconut cream, and all of the above can be made in bulk to be used for a myriad of other recipes!
Whether summer or fall, vegan Grilled Bourbon Peaches with cinnamon coconut whip and candied pecans is a must try!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made without bourbon
Great for entertaining
Great aesthetic appeal
Can be made in bulk
Uses minimal sugar
Eat Drink Shrink
Quick and Easy Grilled Peaches!
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 cup raw pecans (rounded)
- 1 tablespoon golden flax seed (ground)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegan earth balance butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Better Body Foods coconut sugar (divided)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 4 peaches, halved and the pit removed
- 1 can coconut milk (refrigerated)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp bourbon mixed with 3 tbsp melted vegan earth balance butter
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, remove the solid portion of the refrigerated coconut milk and begin to whisk on medium. Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and gradually add the powdered sugar 1tbsp at a time. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl combine flax seed meal, maple syrup, melted vegan butter, almond milk and vanilla. Stir well. Let stand one minute or more. Add pecans into flax mixture. combine. Now add the coconut sugar and cinnamon, toss to combine again. Stir well and let stand while preparing cinnamon sugar and baking sheet.
- Place coated nuts in a single layer on a lightly greased pan topped with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle nuts with remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar. Bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for approx. 30 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet then remove.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Brush the peaches with melted butter and bourbon onto the cut side of the peaches.Place the peaches cut side down onto the hot grill. Grill the peaches for about 3 minutes or until they are warm and marked. Top the peaches with coconut cream, candied pecans and cinnamon