Vegan Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
Hello & Happy Monday!!
If there is one thing I’m forever enamored with that you’ll alway find in my kitchen is citrus fruits!! They juice adds another dimension of sweetness to recipe and the zest further adds citrus undertones that can take an everyday dish to a FAB dish.
Needles to say, I love all thing lemon and lime over chocolate any day!
While key lime pies typically have a softer texture, I thought it would be wonderful to explore a cheesecake with a more thicker consistency..
Thus the vegan Key Lime Pie Cheesecake was born!
What I love about this recipe, is like all my other cheesecake recipes it’s effortless, affordable, has aesthetic appeal (if you don’t like the baked top you can simply cut it off), low sugar, is perf for summer, and is non vegan approved!
If you’re looking to manifest your love for limes cheesecake style, yo have to try my recipe for vegan Key Lime Pie Cheesecake!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for summer
Non vegan approved
Recipe tutorial video
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 to 10 slices
25 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 20 - 25, crushed
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, soft
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 package Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese
- 2 package silken tofu (I used firm, but recommend soft)
- 1/2 cup agave
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ½ cup flour
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp natural green food dye
- 1 can coconut milk chilled in fridge overnight (top portion only)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- sliced limes
- lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a spring-form pan with parchment paper (optional)
- Crust: In a food processor, add the graham crackers, gently pulse until a dust forms. Add vegan butter, brown sugar, pulse a few more times and then press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Filling: In a food processor add the vegan cream cheese, silken tofu, agave, vanilla extract, lime juice, lime zest, food coloring and pulse until smooth and creamy. With mixer on slow, slowly add the corn starch and flour a little at a time until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and bake for one hour. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool on a counter top for one hour. Top with coconut whip, sliced limes, lime zest, toasted coconut, and store in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
- Whip topping: In the bowl of a standing mixer add the solid coconut and whip until smooth. Sift in the powdered sugar and add the vanilla, and set aside to chill