Vegan Key Lime Pie Cookies
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Truth, I’m very particular about cookies. I like them buttery soft, made with coconut sugar, fruit forward, and if you have white chocolate, you’ve struck, gold!
One of my favorite desserts is actually anything with citrus. I love lemon, lime, and any day of the week you’ll find my kitchen stocked with them. Needless to say, I have a huge affinity for key lime pie!
While I’ve yet to explore a vegan key lime pie (coming soon!), I wanted to create a more stress free cookie concept that packs the same flavor and half the hassle..
and boom, the vegan key lime pie cookies were born!
What I love about this recipe is its simplicity, simple ingredients, minimal sugar, white chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, notes of citrus, and a hint of coconut to tie everything in together!
If you’re looking to relive the “classic” key lime pie concept, these cookies can be made in half the time, with half the ingredients and calories!
You have to try my recipe for vegan Key-Lime Pie Cookies!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup vegan Earth Balance Butter salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder mixed with coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely crushed vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the vegan butter and coconut sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Combine the vegan egg with 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk. Whisk until smooth. Consistency should be thick.
- Add the vegan egg, vanilla, lime juice and lime zest and continue mixing for 1 more minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Combine the salt, baking soda, graham cracker crumbs, and flour together in a bowl. Turn the speed of the mixer to low and add the flour mixture until the dough comes together. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on full power for 25 seconds. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate. Repeat this process until the white chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate to a small ziptop bag. Snip one corner of the bag off with scissors and drizzle the white chocolate on top of the cookies. Allow the white chocolate to set completely.Store the cookies airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.