Vegan Key Lime Pie Pudding Recipe
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
There are some things that we just inherently LOVE from the get go..
For me, that’s ANYTHING lemon or lime!
(probably is one of the reasons why I’m not a chocolate person)
What’s great about having a taste for tartness?!
Desserts are always fruit forward and typically contain less calories versus other heavier options! “Winning“
One of the first recipes I thought of recreating was a vegan key-lime pie, but like all my recipes I wanted something super easy, affordable, and with minimal ingredients.
So I came up with the Vegan Key-Lime Pie Pudding w/ a raw nut crust!!
Sound amazing?! It is!! Find this recipe and 40 others in the newly release Eat Drink Shrink Vegan Desserts E-book available on iTunes!!
Also, ENTER TO WIN TONS OF GIVEAWAYS in the E-book launching here
- 5 limes
- 1 package soft tofu
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- In a food processor place tofu, lemon extract, vanilla extract, mint and a squeeze of lime, blend, place in fridge to set.
- Squeeze the juice from 5 limes. In a small sauce pan over low heat place juice and arrowroot in the pan. With a whisk, combine the ingredients and continue stirring. Don’t overheat or let bubble. Once the consistency has formed a gel, set aside.
- In a food processor blend the coconut, macadamia nuts and dates until combined. Press the crust into the bottom of the dish making sure it adheres and begin to create layers.
- Top with crust pieces and lime sauce
- Make the amount and thickness of lime layers as desired