Vegan Lemon Lavender Pound Cake
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
If there is one concept I really love, it’s using floral notes in recipes. Rose water, blossom water, and of course.. lavender are some of my favorites!
I personally love lavender anything, so I of course knew that this lemon lavender cake would be a win win all around!
What makes this recipe fab, is it’s easy, involves minimal ingredients, perf for any season, will be a lavender lovers dream come true, is buttery soft, packs aesthetic appeal, doesn’t even need icing!, and is non vegan approved!
If you’re looking to take your love for lavender next level, you’ll love this recipe for vegan Lemon + Lavender Pound Cake!
Why this recipe rocks:
Not overly sweet
Perf for any season
Non vegan approved
Recipe Tutorial Video
Yields 6-8 slices
20 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup vegan butter at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp vegan egg powder combine w/ 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest from about 1 large lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp fresh lavender
- 1/2 cup icing/confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice plus more, as needed
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the vegan butter with the sugar until light coloured and fluffy. (Don't skimp on this process. It should beat about 3 minutes). Add the vegan egg mixture and beat in well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together well the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. With mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture mixing between each. Fold in the lavender.
- Scrape into prepared 8x4-inch loaf pan and level batter. Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then run a knife along the edges to lift and remove from pan. Allow to cool on a cooling rack. If desired, combine the glaze ingredients and top the cooled cake!