Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread
Yields 6-8 slices
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 full dropper of lemon stevia or unflavored
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2tbsp vegan egg powder
- 3/4 cup room temperature almond milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a loaf pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Combine flour, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegan egg powder, almond milk, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract and grated/drained zucchini. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until incorporated. Fold in the poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. The top of the cake should look dry.
- Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Slice and serve.
If you don't have vegan egg you can use apple sauce or smashed banana, the flavor may just be different. If you don't have stevia you can use agave or sugar, maple syrup may potentially make the bread darker in color.