Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 4-6 full droppers of Sweet Leaf Lemon Stevia or 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup grated, drained zucchini
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, lemon zest, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, almond milk (room temp) sugar, lemon juice, poppy seeds, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just until incorporated. Fold in the drained zucchini. Don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Be sure to drain the zucchini as much as possible. I used a nut milk bag, but you can use paper towels, squeeze by hand etc.