Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
While breaking into the world of shiitake bacon, I got the random urge to explore bacon focused desserts! lol
This concept is somewhat obscure amongst vegans, but I thought it would be fun, beyond interesting, and hopefully catch the eye of those struggling with the decision to go plant based.
This recipe truly speaks volumes about the limitations that no longer exist for those living a plant based lifestyle.
It’s living proof, that you can now have your Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies and eat it too.
If you love the taste of maple, love a cutting edge vegan concept, or simply want to wow your non vegan friends..
You have to try this effortless recipe for Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip cookies!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Vegan and non vegan approved
Yields 8-10 cookies
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 Follow Your Heart Eggs mixed w/ice cold almond milk
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Earth Balance butter (original, not whipped)
- 1 cup packed Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 cup Lily's vegan chocolate chips
- 4 Strips of faux bacon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vegan magic coconut oil or regular coconut oil
- To make the bacon throw the pieces in a medium size pan over medium heat with coconut oil and maple syrup. Cook for 3-5 minutes. They don't have to be cooked fully as they will cook in the oven. Remove from heat, set aside, chop into small pieces once cooled.
- Heat the oven to 350F. Place a piece of parchment over a baking sheet, or lightly oil a baking sheet. Combine the vegan egg and almond milk in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the room-temperature butter (I place the cold butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds) in another bowl. Add the sugar and whisk vigorously for about 2 minutes. It should become light and fluffy and be a light beige color. Add the vegan egg mixture, vanilla, and maple syrup to the butter mix, and whisk well until combined.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mixture and stir together with a rubber spatula or wood spoon just until combined - do not overmix. Add the chocolate chips and gently fold into the batter.
- Drop by the heaping tablespoon onto the baking sheet. Top with chopped bacon pieces. Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating once, until just barely beginning to brown with slight darker pieces on the "bacon".Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and let cool 10 minutes before enjoying.