Vegan Popcorn Bars
Hello & Happy Friday!
In all honesty, I love pumpkin, not just in the fall, but all the time.
(I’m one of “those” people lol)
My affinity for pumpkin was established long before the birth of the “Pumpkin Spice Latte” and perhaps has to do with the fact that I’ve never been huge chocolate person and rather prefer things more fruit forward or just on the lighter side all around.
Needless to say, when I received samples of the My dandies vegan pumpkin marshmallows back in October, my mind was blown.
Instead of making a standard rice crispy treat I thought I would kick it up a notch and explore making something popcorn based.
If you prefer your marshmallow treats with a hint of pumpkin, and the base a healthy whole grain versus the typical cereal base…
You will love this versatile festive treat that’s good all year round!
Why this recipe rocks:
Don’t have pumpkin marshmallows? Simply add lots of pumpkin spice!
- 1 package My Dandies vegan marshmallows (small or large)
- ½ cup Better Body Foods Coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 7 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie seasoning
- Place the marshmallows, sugar and butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Heat on a low-to-medium heat until melted, stirring often. Once melted add Pumpkin Pie seasoning. (about five minutes to melt)
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour over the marshmallow mixture. Stir together, working quickly, until combined.
- 3Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 9-inch baking tin lined with baking parchment. Squash down the mixture until level and leave to set at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the tray and cut into squares using a sharp knife.
- For more flavor top with chocolate, add candied pecans or whatever your heart desires!