Matcha Chia Popsicles
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Since I’m slammed with a research grant proposal, 2 exams, and even a grad exam encompassing five different subjects, I’ll keep this post just like the recipe.
Short & sweet. lol.
With the warmer weather coming..
I’m all about pops!
They are quick, easy, you can make them with a handful of ingredients, and make them as indulgent or nutrient dense as you like!
These pops came to fruition, because I was craving coconut milk (always), but wanted chia pudding, but wanted me some Matcha, and boom…
Throw it all together and top with vegan chocolate and pistachios and you have some royal Matcha Chia Pops!
If you’re looking for the perf pop that packs chia seeds, matcha, and my fave, coconut milk
You need to try these Matcha Chia pops!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
You can add spinach to increase nutients
Can make as sweet as you like
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Matcha powder
- 3-6 drops of stevia (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 bar vegan Lily's Sweets baking chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- Pour the coconut milk and coconut milk solids into two separate small bowls. Whisk to smooth everything out. Stir in the chia seeds to one bowl, and let refrigerate for 30-1hr. (stir mid way) Add the Matcha to the other. When chia seeds have expanded, its ready.
- Add the chia seed layer to the pop molds and let freeze for 20minutes, then add the Matcha layer and sticks and freeze again for 60minutes.
- To remove from the molds, run hot water for about 15 seconds over the plastic molds to loosen the pops. Pull the popsicles out of the mold and drizzle with melted vegan chocolate, and while still wet top with crushed pistachios.