Matcha Cinnamon Rolls
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Truth, I’ve never made homemade cinnamon rolls..
I don’t know what I was thinking…
While I could have gone the traditional route and made the “classic ” cinnamon rolls, I had been dying to try Panatea Matcha and well.. that’s just not my style
Thus the Vegan Matcha Cinnamon Rolls were born!
While you could make green cinnamon rolls with the incorporation of spinach perhaps, you’re not going to get the same hue, the same nutrients, and not the same flavor!!
If you’re looking to explore Matcha based recipes, this one for Vegan Matcha Cinnamon Rolls is sheer effortless perfection!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Can be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 tbsp dry activated yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup vegan earth balance butter
- 2 tbsp Panatea Matcha
- 1 Follow Your Heart Egg mixed with almond milk (1/2 cup)
- 5 Tablespoon Earth Balance butter, softened
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Panatea Match Tea
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. In a small bowl add warm water, yeast and 1 Tablespoon of white sugar. Stir, and cover with a paper towel. Let sit for about 5 minutes until bubbly.
- In a large bowl stir together the vegan follow your heart egg with cold almond milk, fully combine removing any excess clumps, let stand for few minutes to thicken. Add the room temp vegan butter, brown sugar and sea salt to the egg mixture. Add yeast mixture when ready and stir to combine everything. In a bowl add the flour, sea salt, and Matcha.
- Pour the dry into wet ingredients by adding one cup of flour and stir until smooth. Then add the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time. Knead for 1-2 minutes. If the dough is too sticky you can add a little more flour.Turn off the oven. Once dough is nice and soft, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the oven. Allow dough to rise for about 30 minutes or until its doubled in size.
- While dough is rising, make the filling. Combine the vegan butter, sugars, and cinnmon in a small bowl.
- Once your dough has risen, punch it down and roll out on a floured surface. You want to form a rectangle approximately 10x12 inches. Spread filling onto the dough with a brush and then roll the dough up. Cut the dough into one inch pieces with string (preferred method) or with a sharp knife. Place dough onto a buttered pie dish with rolls about 1 inch apart. Let rolls rise for about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the rolls are cooking beat together the frosting ingredients in a large bowl and then spread on top of the rolls. You can add more milk or powdered sugar to reach your desired consistency.