Meyer Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Just typing that makes me so happy lol.. (long week)
This recipe was made in part due to my never ending love for all things lemon!
What’s great about this recipe is that its gluten free and still packs tons of moisture and flavor!
The idea behind this concoction was to create a recipe that features coconut flour as well as almond flour as together they are pure gluten free magic.
(coconut flour solo, doesn’t work too well due to its high absorbency)
As I get more and more into baking, I try to steer away from white flour and sugar as there are healthier alternatives that don’t sacrifice flavor.
I’m a huge advocate of Better Body Foods and their all encompassing line of food products and they’ll forever remain staples in my cruelty free kitchen!
They’re currently developing a coconut and almond flour blend to release and are running a contest to see who can create the best ratio! Winners will receive tons of prizes and will have their recipe featured on the package of their product! (Hello, HUGE.)
If you’re interested learning more about their company and products or feel like entering the contest click here and stay tune for more
For an amazing effortless vegan recipe for Meyer Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes see below!
Why this recipe rocks:
MEYER LEMONDS ARE AWESOME
Great for every season
Sweet with a hint of tartness
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 drops of lemon flavored stevia or 5tbs agave
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 cups coconut milk
- Juice from 2 meyer lemon
- zest from 1 meyer lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Sour Cream
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- juice form 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- Juice from 1 meyer lemon
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 2 tbsp agave
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin pans with decorative paper liners or use silicone cupcake molds
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
- In a small bowl, add the milk and lemon juice and stir and set aside for 5 minutes. This will create “buttermilk”. In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining wet ingredients such as the extract, stevia, and sour cream and lightly beat with a whisk. Add the “buttermilk” to the other wet ingredients and stir. Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and continue to combine, but not over combine. Pour the batter into the lined muffin pans about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer the cupcakes onto cooling racks to completely cool before icing.
- For the lemon glaze combine the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Make sure the consistency is ultra thick so it stays in pace when you go to ice them.
- For the glaze, in a small sauce pan over medium heat cook the lemon juice and add in the arrowroot and continue to stir until the powder is fully dissolved. Then add the agave. Cook for 5-7 minutes until it begins to thicken into a gel like texture. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- When ready to serve top the iced cupcakes with the glaze and enjoy!