Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I like to think that all of my recipes are easy, but Thursdays, are for the easiest of the easy..
What’s great about this recipe is that it can be made in minutes, it sweet, rich, and yet nutrient dense!
My favorite part about this concoction is honestly the vegan ice cream. As with just a few ingredients and a few steps you can whip up something flavorful and minty fresh..
The biggest misconception with adding spinach and Spirulina to dessert recipes (which I love to do) is that its going to negatively effect the flavor..
Well I have news for you, it adds more dimension to the overall flavor, more character, more fun, more color, more everything..
But most importantly, more nutrients!
If you love an effortless vegan dessert recipe or long for that fresh mint chocolate chip combo..
You need to try this!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for kids
Ummm.. spinach and spirulina!!
Color is on point
Light and rich all at the same time
- 1 cup alpine dough vegan double dark chocolate cookie dough
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 drop mint essential oil
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3-5 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tbsp Organic Bursts Spirulina
- 1 1/2 large frozen banana
- In a small sauce pan bring coconut milk and mint leaves to a boil for 1 minute. Add 2-3 drops of agave and arrowroot. Continue whisking as you reduce heat to a simmer. cook for 3-5 minutes to combine flavors. Once finished remove min leaves and set aside.
- In a food processor blend together the banana, spinach, Organic Bursts Spirulina, 2-3 tbs agave, mint essential oil and blend until smooth. Slowly add in the coconut milk and mint mixture. Store in the freezer for 30mins to 1hr. Layer between two cookies and enjoy!!
- For more chocolate, throw chocolate chips in the ice cream!