Orange Creamsicle Cookies
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
As we start a brand new year, I figured I would get a headstart on one of my long standing yearly goals..
Which is to branch out with my recipes!
Although I cook full time, like thousands of others I typically reach for the same ingredients and take the same approach. Needless to say, I never explore orange dessert concepts. Perhaps it’s just not a flavor I crave or I tend to gravitate more towards other profiles. This is the literally the second orange focused recipe I’ve produced out of roughly 500, but it’s a good one!
What I love about this recipe is that the all the components blend so seamlessly together. It packs a citrus punch, white chocolate, multiple textures, low sugar, aesthetic appeal, can be made in minutes, and is perf for those days when you’re craving that nostalgic creamsicle combo that’s embedded in your memory from childhood.
If you’re craving a buttery soft cookie and that creamsicle flavor that will just never escape us.. You have to try this recipe for vegan Orange Creamsicle Cookies!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf balance of citrus and white chocolate
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted Earth Balance vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder - combined with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 2tsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat vegan butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Combine vegan egg with almond milk and orange juice, add vanilla extract, orange extract, orange zest, and combine. Add flour mixture, mixing until completely combined. Stir in white chocolate chips
- and macadamia nuts until evenly distributed (you can do this by hand or with the stand mixer).
- Roll two heaping tablespoons of dough into a ball. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are very slightly browned. The cookies will not look cooked in the center, but they will finish cooking while cooling on cookie sheet! Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.