Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cheesecake
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
As I write this I’m actually eating my soon to come vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake lol..
Basically, ..I’m on a vegan cheesecake kick!
I didn’t realize it, but I somewhat passed on the cashew cheesecake concept a long time ago. Pinterest was always inundated with them and although it was one of the first recipes I tried, I truly didn’t think it matched the texture of a real cheesecake and I just wasn’t impressed.
Fast foward to today, I’ve completely changed my perception of good vegan cheesecake and have it down to a science.
Before this recipe I couldn’t recall the last time I even had an oreo. However, when trying to explore a vegan cheesecake concept I got the craving for one and low and behold, I couldn’t find a chocolate peanut butter cookie cheesecake! Thus the recipe was born!
What I love about this cheesecake is that it’s easy to follow, has classic flavors, great aesthetic appeal, the crust holds up, has a whipped like texture, is non vegan approved, and even if you’re not a huge chocolate person like myself.. this dish will have you swooning!
If you love all things chocolate, oreos, or just classic vegan cheesecakes that won’t get old.. you have to try my recipe for a vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cashew Cheesecake.
Want to see this recipe in action?!
Watch this clip above!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Great aesthetic appeal
Perfect for entertaining
Yields 8-10 slices
30 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 3 rows of Oreos (crushed finely)
- 2 tablespoons vegan earth balance butter
- 1 1/2 cups Raw Cashews (soaked for 10 minutes in hot water)
- 1/8 tsp Pink Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter powder
- 2tbsp arrowroot or corn starch
- 7 tablespoons Date Syrup or Maple Syrup (I used date syrup)
- 1 container Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut Oil
- 1 can coconut milk (solid portion)
- 12 Oreos, chopped into pieces (topping)
- 1 can refrigerated coconut milk (solid portion only)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. To make the base of the cheesecake, place oreos in a food processor, pulse until you have fine crumbs. Add melted coconut oil or butter. Pat into the base of a 9 inch pie pan. Set in the fridge to harden while making the filling.
- To make filling, in a Vitamix or food processor, combine pre soaked cashews, coconut milk, sea salt, cacao liquid sweetener of choice, arrowroot, vegan cream cheese, peanut butter powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and blend till smooth. Make sure to process for 3-5 minutes or more.
- Once smooth, pour the mixture onto the chilled crust. Take the remaining oreos and crumple them on top. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the cheesecake is slightly browned on the sides and still jiggly in the center. Allow to cool and then store in the fridge for a few hours. Serve with vegan coconut whip!
- Whip: Add solid coconut and vanilla extract to the bowl of a standing mixer, sift in the powdered sugar, beat for 3 mins or until smooth!