Oreo Rice Crispy Treats
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
This recipe is as easy as they come, but in regards to the flavor compare to your typical rice crispy treat..
What’s strange is that I’m not even a rice crispy treat person. Typically at I find that they are too dense, hard, and just not enjoyable unless super fresh.
But these bars, are just different. In addition to being vegan they are so rich and flavorful that you only need a few bites (that is if you have a lot of self control like myself)
What’s ironic is that I never really can recall coming across a Oreo Rice Crispy treat, as simple and everyday as it sounds..
So as soon as this recipe came to mind I had to explore it, and let’s just say SUPER IMPRESSED.
Everything is so on point with this effortless recipe that you have to give it try. Especially if you’re crammed for time, don’t want to spend a lot, or want to simply impress your non vegan friends.
Try this recipe, you’ll thank me later!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great for kids
Can be made festive with various toppings
Doesn’t use butter
Doesn’t use animal products period
Can be made in a flash!
- - 6 cups Rice crispys
- - 10 oz Dandies marshmallows
- - 2 tbsp vegan butter - I used Earth Balance
- - 2 tbsp coconut oil - I used Skinny Skinny
- - 1 1/2 cups Neumans Own Chocolate Cookies
- - 1 cup Lily's vegan chocolate chips
- - 3 tbsp almond milk
- In a medium size pan on medium heat add the butter and coconut oil. Once melted at the marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until fully melted and combine. (make sure to keep stirring and not have the temp up to high to prevent burning)
- In a small bowl add all the chocolate cookies without the icing to the bowl. Smash the cookies with your hands leaving a variety of small size pieces, don't crumple into dust. yet.
- Once ready being to gradually add the rice crispy's and chocolate cookies until everything is covered with the mixture and it all binds together.
- Remove from heat, and begin to spread with a spoon onto a slightly greased pan, until its cooled and you can use your hands. Place in the fridge to set.
- In a small pan over low/medium heat place the vegan chocolate chips in there and add almond milk. Continue stirring so you don't burn the chocolate. Once melted, remove the rice crispy treats from fridge and coat the tops with a thick layer of chocolate. Smash the remaining cookies into dust and coat the tops of the bars with cookies.
- Place back in the fridge to set for another 10 minutes. Slice and serve immediately and store away so they don't dry out and harden as fast!
- You can skip the butter if you need to, I've done it without!