Vegan Cookies & Cream Rice Crispy Treats
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
I’ve dabbled in rice crispy treats throughout my cooking experience as there something that’s nostalgic that just keeps me coming back. It’s quick, easy, and the options are endless when it comes to creating flavors. Since I’m revamping many of my favorite EDS classics, this little number from 2015 came to mind as it was such a fun playful concept.
You can make a fab traditional marshmallow treat, yes, but why make a plain jane treat when you can make a White Chocolate Cookies and Cream Treat!
I love this recipe for countless reasons. It’s quick, easy, nostalgic, great for entertaining, features white chocolate, is perf for any season, non vegan approved, and like taking a walk down memory lane.
If you love all things cookies and cream, or have an affinity for all things marshmallows, you have to try these staple vegan White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Marshmallow Treats!
I love me some EDS vegan White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Marshmallow Treats! #gimme Click To Tweet
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great for kids
Can be made festive with various toppings
Doesn’t use butter
Doesn’t use animal products period
Can be made in a flash!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 bars
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 10oz pack vegan marshmallows
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups vegan Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium size pan over medium heat add the coconut oil. Once melted at the marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until fully melted and combine. (make sure to keep stirring and not have the temp up to high to prevent burning)
- In a large bowl add all the crushed chocolate cookies and rice cereal. Once the marshmallow are melted gradually add the rice cereal, and toss and coat until it all binds together.
- When cool to touch press into a greased pan. Allow to completely cool. In a microwave safe bowl combine vegan white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring after every 15 seconds to prevent burning. Drizzle the chocolate over the cooled marshmallow treats, allow to cool again. Remove the edges with knife and create bars.