Vegan Peach Dessert Wontons
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Ever since I was able to get my hands on some vegan wonton wrappers I’ve been churning out ideas for both savory and sweet dishes that incorporate them.
This recipe came out of my craving for something sweet that featured wonton wrappers and the fact that I couldn’t find a peach at any market in the NYC to save my life lol.
As soon as I saw a peaches, this recipe was just a no brainer. Although only two peaches set me back $6, it was money well spent!
What’s great about this recipe is that it can be made in minutes, uses minimal fruit and sugar, can be baked or fried, and you can even skip the coco whip to conserve more calories if needed.
Although, I wouldn’t recommend it as Cinnamon Coco Whip is pure vegan amazingness!
If you need a recipe to entertain guests or simply want to indulge and keep all these bites of perfection to yourself.. You have to try this recipe for Vegan Peach Wontons with Cinnamon Coconut Whip!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Affordable (don’t need tons of peaches)
Great winter dessert!
Can be baked for those who want to be conservative with their calories
25 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced/diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wonton wrappers (12 oz)
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (chilled in fridge overnight)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Slice up the ripe peach and toss in a large bowl with flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, & pumpkin pie seasoning.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers, drop about a tablespoon of sliced/diced peaches and a tad bit of peach juice in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Using your finger or pastry brush, wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold one corner of the wrapper over to the other corner, and gently press down to seal edges. Make sure to seal edges thoroughly to avoid the oil splattering.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed pan (I use a wok) over medium-high heat to 375°F. Carefully slide wontons into oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning as they fry. When they reach a lovely golden brown, remove from oil to a paper towel lined pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with cinnamon coco whip.
- Coco whip
- Throw all the ingredients in a mixer and blend until smooth