Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I don’t ever eat cereal or oatmeal, but sometimes I do get a massive craving for homemade granola!
While there are a variety of store bought options, I gravitate away from those or anything for that matter that I can simply make myself. That way I know exactly what is going into a recipe and of course the sugar content can be significantly reduced.
What you’ll also find is that like most homemade versions its so much cheaper and you can modify the ingredients to cater to your personal preferences!
Basically, ..the options are endless!
What I love about this recipe is that it’s effortless, affordable, has great presentation, minimal ingredients, and tastes just like peanut butter and jelly!
If you’re looking to explore the world of effortless vegan granola or simply love peanut butter and jelly?!
You have to try my recipe for vegan Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola!
Why this recipe rocks:
Peanut butter & jelly
Everything tastes better homemade!
Can make a million different varieties!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup peanuts
- ? cup melted coconut oil
- ? cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 4 cups rolled oats (not instant oats!)
- 3/4 cup dried strawberries and or raisins
- 1/2 cup puffed rice cereal (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Grease and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Chop peanuts roughly and place into a large bowl. Add the rolled oats to the puff rice cereal (optional), peanuts and set aside.Place the coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup into a microwavable safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to combine. Heat for a further 30 seconds. Add the cinnamon, salt and vanilla and stir. Pour the liquid over the rolled oats and peanuts and stir to combine. Place the granola mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- During the cooking time, remove the mixture every 10 minutes and stir well. With 5 minutes cooking time remaining, add the dried strawberries/raisins and stir to combine. Remove the granola from the oven and set aside to cool completely. As it sets, it will harden up. Break the granola into clusters. The granola can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.