Vegan Peanut Butter & Jelly Loaf
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Truth, I made this recipe in early fall of last year, but I kept forgetting to share it. Perhaps it’s because I rarely do breads, I didn’t like the images, or the fact that it is just brown and not colorful lol.
Other truth, …regardless of all of the above.. This recipe is so good!
Although I love a good carrot cake bread (stay tuned) I’m really not a huge baked bread person.
If you’re in the same boat or even if you love a good homemade bread Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly bread is the pref compliment to brunch and makes a great snack or dessert when you’re craving something on the sweeter side!
What makes this reason wonderful is that the bread is ultra soft, packs tons of flavor and uses REAL CONCORD GRAPE JELLY !!
Although I remember grape jelly as a kid growing up and it being my least favorite. Having anything fresh is always a million times better, and that goes especially for jelly!
If you’re looking for that perf vegan bread that takes you back to childhood..
you need this recipe for a Vegan Peanut Butter & Concord Grape Jelly Loaf!
Why this recipe rocks:
Fun for breakfast or a snack
Great for kids
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil (and some to grease the pan)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Better Body Foods PBFIT Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2-1 cup jelly (I used homemade gooseberry)
- 2 cups concord grapes
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a standard-sized loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine the powdered peanut butter with almond milk, then add the coconut oil and coconut sugar, and vanilla. scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add the wet into dry flour mixture and beat on low until combined. Once combine fold in the jelly.
- Add batter to loaf pan and evenly spread it out. Top with additional jelly and bake for 50 minutes or until the center springs back when pressed with a fingertip.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.
- To make the jelly, wash the concord grapes and remove the seeds. Press the fruit through a sieve to extract all of the liquid. Add in some of the peels for additional texture. Throw the liquid and added peels in a pan over medium heat and cook until soft and combined. Add the sugar and lemon, cook for 5-10 minutes stirring continuously. Add the arrowroot as you continue to stir. The jelly should begin to thicken. cook for an additional 5 minutes. Set aside in a sterilized jar to cool.