Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Today is Memorial Day, but in any case, it seemed like the perf time to share one of my new loves..
Using a cast iron skillet!
Cast iron skillets are great to use for a variety of dishes and can boost the favor! At the same time, if you’re not well versed on cast iron skillets you may easily damage one with washing it in the dish washer or using soap. (truth, I accidentally put soap on mine for one second, and even in that second it started to to rust, DON’T DO IT)
In any case, as soon as I purchased my first skillet the one thing that came to mind was creating a cast iron skillet cookie. All I could think after this vegan Fluffer Nutter Cookie skillet was..
Why did I wait so long to buy a skillet!
A skillet is more than ideal for a cookie as it cooks faster, softer, and is less mess altogether! If you love cookies, marshmallows, or simply the fluffed nutter concept all around..
You have to try this recipe for a vegan Fluffer Nutter Cookie Skillet!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Non vegan approved
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/3 cup natural Nutiva Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Better Body Foods Peanut Butter Powder mixed with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup vegan My Dandies Marshmallows
- Garnish: crushed peanuts, vegan ice cream and peanut butter
- Add melted butter, extract, mashed banana and coconut sugar to a large bowl, combine thoroughly, about 3 minutes. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- In a large separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and just combine.
- Add the ingredients to a small skillet that's been greased and layer in marshmallows.
- Bake the cookie for for 10-15 minutes until just starting to turn golden. Let slightly cool then top with ice cream, peanut butter, and crushed peanuts