Vegan Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Squares
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
There are a few nostalgic recipes that I get a craving for every once in a while..
Rice Krispy Treats are definitely one of them!
To be quite honest, I’m naturally not even fond of marshmallows, but when enjoyed with this concept I’m absolutely sold! However, I don’t like to have the simple classic recipe as there are a myriad of varieties you can choose and dark chocolate peanut butter happens to be one of my favorites!
What I love about this recipe is, everything! It uses a handful of affordable ingredients, coconut oil instead of butter, rice puff cereal instead of rice crispy treats, dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, and can be made in minutes without even having to use your oven!
If you long for a rich and decadent Krispy Treat that’s sans processed cereal and or animal products.. You have to try my classic recipe for Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Squares!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved!
Natural cereal versus Rice Krispies
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 cups vegan mini marshmallows or 2 cups of the larger variety
- 5½ cups rice puff cereal
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups Lili's vegan chocolate chips
- Melt coconut oil over medium low heat in a large sauce pan. Add in marshmallows, and stir together till marshmallows are completely melted. Add the peanut butter and continue to stir. Pour in your rice krispie cereal and stir together till cereal is completely coated.
- Pour cereal into a 9x13 in pan with wax paper and press down evenly.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments (for about 90 seconds total), stirring after each until smooth. Pour chocolate over the treats and spread evenly. While still wet, sprinkle peanuts evenly over the top. Let chocolate set completely and cut.