Vegan Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Marsh Squares
Hello & Happy Friday!
Next to banana bread, I love classic marshmallow treats for countless reasons. They are nostalgic, quick, effortless, affordable, they are almost like a blank canvas, and can easily be made vegan!
Making these classic vegan Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter marshmallow treats a no brainer.
When this approachable recipe was created a few years ago, I was still struggling to get dark chocolate to melt without burning lol. (true story) In adhering to the standard chocolate melting routine using heavy cream, I subbed for coconut milk and the results were always just plain terrible! It wasn’t until later that I finally realized that you can utilize a dab of coconut oil and boom, the chocolate melts seamlessly. Having created this recipe with chocolate that just wouldn’t work with me lol, I knew I had to remake this recipe because it was just so effortless and so good!
This recipe doesn’t need a sales pitch, but they are quick, easy, affordable, can easily be made in bulk, kid friendly, perf for entertaining, and non vegan approved!
Bring your peanut butter dreams to life with this recipe for classic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Treats!
I love me some vegan dark chocolate and peanut butter marshmallow treats! https://bit.ly/2jK8wCa Click To Tweet
Why this recipe rocks:
Fun to make
Great for entertaining
Can easily be made in bulk
Perf for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 bars
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 8oz bag of Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups Lili's vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- Prepare a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Add 2tbs butter to a pan over medium heat, add the marshmallows and melt while continuously stirring. Once melted add the 1/2 cup peanut butter and combine. Once fully combined add the rice cereal, folding it in. Allow to slightly cool, then press into the lined baking dish using your hands or the bottom of a glass. Allow to fully cool. Combine the remaining peanut butter and coconut oil with the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute, stirring every 15-20 seconds until fully melted.
- Pour over the cooled marshmallow treats. Spread evenly, and top with chopped peanuts while still wet. Allow chocolate to set, and slice into pieces.