Pink Lemonade Doughnuts
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
There are two things that will always be my objective when throwing a recipe together…
Color and flavor..
One of my favorite ingredients in any and every dessert is lemon. I enjoy that its light, fruit forward, and doesn’t weight me down with too much flavor.
What’s great about these oven baked doughnuts is that they are beyond effortless compared to fried doughnuts, pack less calories, and above all..
are bright, bold, citrusy, and sheer perfection for those future winter months ahead when you’re craving warm weather and sunshine!
If you’re a lemon fanatic like myself, than these vegan Pink Lemonade Doughnuts with sprinkles will be your go to recipe whenever you’re craving something sweet.
(which for me is all day erryday)
Why these doughnuts rock:
Great for kids
Can be made with mini doughnuts
Great for entertaining
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp agave or 3 drops of liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (1/2tsp in batter and glaze)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (1/2tsp in batter and glaze)
- 2 tbsp squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 packet of froze dragon fruit (thawed)
- 1 cup vanilla Dollop Gourmet Vegan Icing
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- For the doughnuts preheat oven to 375ºF and coat the 6 donut shells with coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together coconut milk beverage or almond milk, vinegar, stirring until curdled. Add agave or liquid stevia, coconut oil, vanilla and lemon extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, . Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Spoon batter into the prepared donut pans.
- Bake donuts for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown and baked through. Place onto a cooling rack.
- To make lemon fruit cream. In a bowl combine the vanilla Dollop Gourmet icing and lemon extract. Layer the filling on top of one doughnut and top with a second creating a sandwich. Sprinkle rainbow sprinkles over the doughnut.