Hello & Happy Tuesday!!!
I literally made this recipe less than 48hrs ago, but I had to jump the gun and share it with you.. like now
Because it’s just THAT GOOD
First and foremost I’m not a huge pistachio person. I rarely eat them by themselves, and was never a pistachio ice cream person…
but I love almond extract, and I feel like at some point in my life, although I can’t remember exactly when lol, I swear I had a pistachio pudding cake or something and the craving t hit me like a ton of bricks and I just had to make it..
Except this time with simple ingredients, sans pudding packets and or food coloring, and packed with spinach..
If you’re looking for a recipe that’s on point with everything from appearance to flavor, you have to try this recipe for vegan Pistachio Cake.
Total game changer. (girl scouts promise)
Why this recipe rocks:
Smells like heaven
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios, shelled (soak to remove salt if salted if needed, roasted preferred)
- 1 cup spinach leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk mixed with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and then grease a loaf tin with coconut oil. Throw pistachios in the oven for 5-7 minutes, rotate in between.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl and sift together. Place apple cider vinegar in almond milk and whisk til curdled. Using a food processor or blend, grind the pistachios into a powder. Add the coconut oil, almond and vanilla extract, rose water, and blend for ten seconds. Then add the spinach, coconut sugar, and almond milk to the processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine the almond milk with apple cider vinegar, whisk until curdled, then add to the dry ingredients with the spinach mixture.
- Gently fold them together. Only mix until just combined, being careful not to over stir. Spread evenly into the pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan after a few minutes and let cool on a wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar with almond extract, blend until thick. Add almond milk to acheive desired consistency. Once the cake is completely cooled. Coat with icing and top with crushed pistachios while still wet. Let set at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!