Vegan Pistachio Pancakes
Hello & Happy Tuesday
Let me just start by stating that I never liked pistachio ice cream, but for whatever reason, I love pistachio recipes today!
I don’t know if its the simple fact that I can use spinach within the recipe for a bright bold color, pistachios add protein, or the fact that I just love almond extract or C, all of the above. Needless to say..
I’m completely enamored with pistachio!
This recipe came to fruition while of course having a craving for pistachios and I realized that this concept had yet to be explored. (what is wrong with people lol)
FYI: Whenever I see that, I never question whether it’s good concept or not, I just make it! (just b/c somethings never been done doesn’t mean it’s not fab)
If you love the classic pistachio flavor, adding spinach to recipes, or simply love cherries, innovative recipes that will wow both your vegan or non vegan friends..
You need to try this recipe for Pistachio Pancakes!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Can be made in bulk
Yields 10 pancakes
25 minPrep Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 small banana
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil (additional for cooking)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup crush pistachios
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 cups cherries (seeds removed, sliced)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs arrowroot
- 2 tbsp sugar
- topping: 1/2 pistachios (crushed)
- Mix flour, coconut sugar, salt, crushed pistachios, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.In a food processor blend banana, spinach, almond extract, vanilla extract, coconut oil and almond milk.
- Add wet mixture to dry and combine. Heat griddle and lightly coat with coconut oil. Pour about ¼ cup of batter into circles on hot griddle. Top with pistachios, then flip when bubbles start to appear on top.
- Cherry syrup
- Add the cherries to a pan over medium heat, cook for 7-10 mins. Cherries should soften and juice will collect. Remove from heat and place in a cheese cloth or nutmilk mesh bag and drain the liquid from the cherries. Place back onto the pan and add the rest of the ingredients. Add the arrowroot a little at a time or you can combine it with the lemon juice and add to the mixture. Whisk to combine and cook for and additional 5mins until it thickens.
- Stack your pancakes, top with crushed pistachios and the cherry syrup as desired!