Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
As pedestrian as pumpkin has become today(it’s in everything), I loved it long before the pumpkin epidemic! lol
I’ve never been a chocolate person so vanilla and cinnamon are always my go to’s! What I love about pumpkin is that it’s accessible, affordable, can be thrown into the majority of recipes, has a mild sweetness, but can made to be sweeter, and typically adds moisture to any baked good. The only issue there can be with pumpkin, is if you love it so much you ultimately add too much and your cake comes out too damp. (don’t stress, it’s happened to me before!)
While I love classic pumpkin, I wanted to mix up this recipe and add chocolate, but also incorporate whole wheat flour and grated zucchini for added nutrients and moisture. The results were simply amazing! It came out buttery soft with the perf balance of sweet!
If you’re looking for that staple fall pumpkin bread the can be made for entertaining or meal prep to lats throughout the week.. You need this recipe for vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Zucchini Bread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
No dairy, eggs, white sugar
Made with whole wheat flour
Perf for any season
A pumpkin lovers dream
Yields 6-8 slices
25 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 cup white, unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 15-oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder combined with 2/3 cup almond milk (can use applesauce)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strained grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with the rack in the center. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with 2 sheets parchment paper, 1 running the length and 1 running the width, both cut to fit. This will make it extremely easy to lift the pumpkin bread out of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Grate the zucchini and strain the water through a cheese cloth. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vegan eggs, vanilla extract, strained zucchini and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the parchment lined loaf pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a wooden inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out of the pan using the parchment paper and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Wrap bread in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for 3 days.