Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I don’t know about you, but I’m exhausted from the holiday weekend and I didn’t even cook lol. Perhaps that’s a good thing though, as I’ve been cranking out at least 2 per day Monday through Friday. Needless to say, I needed a kitchen break and was looking forward to some R&R and brainstorming for new recipes for the holidays!
If there is one time of year that I love, it’s fall!!
Perhaps it’s because my birthday is in November, the weather is fab everywhere, or the world is just saturated with pumpkin spice concepts lol, at any rate, it’s my favorite time of year to cook.
While thinking of the next classic pumpkin concept it dawned on me create a vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll. I can’t believe I never thought of it prior, because I always love to put a modern spin on classic concepts (strawberry rhubarb cinnamon rolls & matcha cinnamon rolls), but this one just escaped me.
What I love about this recipe is, everything. It’s your go to cinnamon roll recipe, you can switch up components to cater to the season or your tastebuds, have a wonderful orangish hue, sweet, nuts add texture and aesthetic appeal, and altogether this recipe is just a game changer!
If you’re looking to manifest your affinity for pumpkin, you’ve met your match with these vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Cream cheese icing
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 7 large or 14 small
45 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- ¾ cup almond milk, warmed
- 1 tbsp yeast (1 pack)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegan butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar (you can use coconut sugar, but white sugar is traditionally used)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- 2/3+ cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (you can use brown)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2/3 cup vegan Follow Your Heart cream cheese
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond milk (as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 250. Dissolve your yeast in your warmed almond milk and sugar in a large bowl for about 3 minutes.
- Add in your pumpkin, butter, salt, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon into your milk. combine. Gradually add flour mixing between each pour. Mix everything together.
- When the dough starts to pull from the edges, knead for 5 minutes until a large ball is formed.
- Remove your dough ball from the bowl and drizzle oil in the bowl to prevent it from sticking. Put your dough back into the bowl and cover your bowl with a towel. Turn off oven and leave it to rise in there for at last 45 minutes until it doubles in size.
- Lightly flour your counter top and roll your dough into a rectangle, about ¼ inch thick and about 16x22.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat your dough with your melted butter, then coconut sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin spice, covering it completely. Sprinkle Toasted pecans.
- Roll your dough from the top edge to the bottom edge (so the roll is 22 inches).
- Carefully cut your roll into 1 inch slices for small cinnamon rolls and 2 inch for large, and place them in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-15 minutes.
- While they are baking combine your ingredients for the frosting. Add a little more powdered sugar or a little more milk if you need to change the consistency of your frosting.
- Remove the rolls from the oven when their done and allow them to cool for a few minutes before applying the frosting generously. (top with additional pecans, optional)