Vegan Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
Hello & Happy Sunday!!!
After creating countless recipes that have become staples in my kitchen, I decided to integrate recipe tutorial videos to convey just how fab and easy they are!
With fall in almost full swing lol, and pumpkin on the brain, I knew I had to create one for this classic vegan Pumpkin Pecan French Toast Casserole!!
Just how good is it?
It’s one of the top viewed recipes on EDS and was featured in the new Follow Your Heart Cookbook!
Why do I love this recipe? Let me count the ways: It’s. easy like Sunday morning, pumpkin flavored (sold), affordable, packs multiple textures, doesn’t need to be drowned in syrup, has minimal ingredients, and tastes better than any french toast I’ve ever experienced vegan or non. (promise)
Will this recipe make you shrink?! Perhaps not lol, but it will blow your mind by its simplicity and bold pumpkin flavor..
If you need that fab vegan recipe to take your brunch skills up a notch without breaking a sweat, you need this recipe for vegan Pumpkin Pecan French Toast Casserole!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made in bulk
Great for kids & non vegans
Better than “real” french toast
Great for entertaining
Yields 6-8 servings
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2-1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 8 tbsp Follow Your Heart egg - each matched with 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large loaf of bread
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Coconut oil - to grease the pan
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl add the FYH eggs with almond milk, whisk, combine, set aside. In another large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together almond milk, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with coconut oil. Slice and cube the bread, and place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Combine the pumpkin mixture with the vegan eggs and pour evenly over the top. Make sure 95% is covered in the mixture with a few not. Store covered overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven. While baking assemble the crumble by combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Once baked for 10-15 minutes, remove, and spread atop the casserole along with the pecans and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve warm and top with powdered sugar or syrup if desired.