Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Since its officially October 1st, I feel less like a crazy person for sharing my fourth pumpkin based recipe in just the past few weeks lol.
Needless to say, I’m now a huge fan of all things pumpkin, but especially vegan Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake Pancakes!
In all my years, I’ve never been a huge pancake person.. but when you can pack them full of nutrients and get creative, I’m all about that!
What’s fab about these pancakes is the texture, flavor, and the additional nutrients you get by simply adding cinnamon and fresh pumpkin puree.
Whether its fall, winter or summer, these pancakes are a go!
Don’t have all the ingredients for the cashew cheesecake spread?!
These are still perf without that!!
Reasons why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Don’t even need syrup
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch stevia, or 2 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1/2 cup follow your heart cream cheese
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- dash of sea salt
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup confectioner sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients. Pour dry ingredients into wet, and stir together to form a batter. Lightly grease a skillet, then place the skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, drop small ladles of batter onto the skillet. Flip pancakes once bubbles start to come through the batter, using a spatula and flip.
- Soak cashews overnight. Remove water and blend in a food processor with lemon juice, vanilla extract, dash of sea salt and coconut milk. Add pumpkin pie seasoning, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie filling. Add vegan cream cheese and blend, then add confectioner sugar. Store in fridge to set for 15-20 minutes, top with spices and serve with graham crackers for dipping.