Vegan Raspberry Champagne Cupcakes
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I’ve never been a huge cupcake person. I typically prefer to have a few bites of cake versus a cupcake as its just easier to consume. Needless to say, I don’t have a vast stock of cupcake recipes on Eat Drink Shrink.
After creating this recipe though, I’m ALL about some cupcakes!!
My experience with champagne in recipes is minimal, but I love the crispness of champagne and the flavor profile it adds, so I was intrigued by what the end result would be in a vegan cupcake.
All I can say is, WOW.
A friend years ago had made some pink champagne cupcakes for me. While they were asteheticaly pleasing, there was no notes of champagne at all. This recipe however gives a much more champagne forward flavor and just more flavor altogether.
What I love about this recipe is, everything! It’s packed with notes of champagne and raspberry, the frosting light and fluffy, the sugar content lower than typical cupcake recipes, has aesthetic appeal, and is simply a perfect concept for Valentine’s Day!
If you have an affinity for champagne or are simply looking for the perfect V-Day treat, you need this recipe for vegan Raspberry Champagne Cupcakes!!
Want to see how effortless they are?!
Watch the clip above
Why this recipe rocks:
Notes of champagne
Light and fluffy frosting
Serves 1 cupcake
25 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Earth Balance vegan butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup champagne, room temperature
- 3tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder combined with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup Earth Balance butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons pureed raspberries (strained with a nut milk bag or cheese cloth to remove seeds)
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed 4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the vegan egg mixture slowly while beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and the champagne, alternating, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling. Once cupcake are completely cool frost with Raspberry
- Buttercream: In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Add in raspberry puree and vanilla extract. Mix well. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar, 1 cup at a time. Mix and scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Add champagne as necessary to create desired consistency. Place icing in piping bag fitted with large round tip and frost cupcakes. Garnish with a raspberry on top.