Vegan Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish
Hello & Happy Monday!!
If there is one thing I haven’t had in ages..
It’s a danish!
You’ll never come across a vegan danish at a vegan spot unless it’s a bakery, so I was randomly craving one and thought I’d finally give it a go.
Needless to say, one of the best decisions I’ve made all year! lol
While you can attempt to make your own vegan pastry dough (sounds daunting), I opted for a store bought option as vegans rarely have the opportunity to go that route.
What I love about this recipe is everything! It’s easy, cream cheesy, affordable, has minimal ingredients, is perf for brunch, has aesthetic appeal, can be made with whatever fruit you’re craving, and is non vegan approved!
If you love effortless vegan breakfast concepts that don’t disappoint, you have to try my recipe for a vegan Raspberry & Cream Cheese Danish!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perfect for any season
Great aesthetic appeal
Non vegan approved
Can easily modify the sugar to your preference!
Want to see just how easy this recipe is?!
Watch the clip above!!
Serves 8 slices
25 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- frozen vegan pastry dough
- 8oz Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 carton of raspberries
- optional: 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup (60g) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (0ptional)
- 2 Tablespoon (15ml) almond milk
- Let the pastry dough thaw out
- Make the filling: in a medium bowl of a standing mixer (or by hand if soft) beat the vegan cream cheese, powered sugar, and almond extract on medium speed until smooth. Place back in fridge to set. If consistency remains runny, you can sift in corn starch to thicken, place back in fridge. If still runny you can combine w/firm tofu in a food processor.
- Raspberry sauce: In a medium sauce pan, combine all the raspberry sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Open thawed puff pastry sheets on a flat working that has been sprinkled lightly with flour surface.
- Roll dough to make the square even. You aren't rolling to hard though, just lightly enough that you can get all the sides even. The dough will still look like a trifold with creases.
- With kitchen scissors, or a pizza cutter, make 9 even slits on both sides of the puff pastry, leaving the middle third of the 'trifold' untouched. BE CAREFUL NOT TO GO PAST THE FOLD LINES.
- Add the cream cheese filling and carefully spread down the center of the pastry sheet.Next carefully spoon some of the raspberry sauce over the vegan cream cheese layer. Repeat for both layers.
- Next starting at the top of the pasty fold the flaps diagonally and alternately over the raspberry layer. When you get to the end, tuck the ends under the pastry sheet. Place on cookie sheet line with parchment.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- As the pastry is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking all of the ingredients together. After 10 minutes of cooling, drizzle the braids lightly with glaze and serve immediately.