Vegan White Chocolate Red Velvet Cake Pops
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
While I’m not a chocolate person, I love red velvet anything. For the longest time (prob 27 years) I honestly had no idea that red velvet was actually comprised of coco. Mind blown.
If you’re from the South like myself, you already know that red velvet is ubiquitous, and almost iconic in the food culture and will forever remain a staple.
Needless to say, with my love for all things red velvet, white chocolate, and effortless eats, ..I instantly wanted to explore a vegan red velvet cake pop!
From a distance the idea of a cake pop sounds involved, annoying, and a big mess. The truth is, it’s actually everything but that. The device is cheap, works like a charm, and makes the cook time 2x faster than a conventional oven. Although this isn’t a promotion for a cake pop maker, I highly recommend trying one!
What I love about this recipe is.. everything. It’s quick, easy, colorful, flavorful, uses beets for the gorgeous red hue, the majority of the sugar is derived from the white chocolate with minimal in the cake (you can also just use stevia!), uses natural sprinkles, makes for the perfect gift, party favor, or entertaining bite, and makes you appear as though you’re the iron chef of baking!
If you need one more reason to buy a cake pop maker..
This recipe for vegan White Chocolate Red Velvet Cake Pops is it!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Non vegan approved
Makes for the perfect gift
Cuts baking time in half
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Better Body Foods coconut sugar or 5-7 drops of chocolate flavored stevia
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon natural food coloring
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup - roasted pureed beets
- 1/3 cup natural sprinkles
- 16 cake pop sticks
- Preheat your cake pop maker. Sift together flour, cacoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together room temp almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Allow to sit for 1 minute to curdle. Add coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, vanilla and pureed beets. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture and beat until combined. Pour batter into cake pop maker 1tbs for each mold.
- Bake cupcakes for 3-5 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Place on cooling rack and cool completely. Inset cake pop stick into each once cooled.
- To make white chocolate, melt the chips in a microwave safe bowl or double boiler and set aside. dip the cooled cake pops in the melted chocolate, top with sprinkles, and allow to cool in the fridge for 10 minutes. Best enjoyed within 1-2 days.